In 2009 Ecardz won the contract to supply Cando cards to the students of the Canterbury region. As part of this project, Ecardz takes photos on site at many Canterbury secondary schools and then supplies student with a Cando branded ID cards. Since 2011 the Cando card has also been a metrocard, which is a smartcard that allows the cardholder to load credit onto the cardand use as bus fare on all Metro buses in the Greater Christchurch area. For individual students at schools who are not participating in the project, a manual order form can be downloaded here.
- How do I get a Cando Card?
- If your school is participating in the Cando Program, a card will be issued to you before March the 31st each year. Otherwise click here to download the manual order form and follow the instructions.
- What happens if I lose my Cando card?
- If a registered Cando card is lost or stolen, it is the responsibility of the cardholder to inform Metroinfo on 3668855. Metro will deactivate any registered cards so that any remaining credit on the card cannot be used by anyone. To get a new Cando card either print out the application form here and post to Ecardz with the replacement fee or go to your school office and ask them to organise a replacement card. Once a replacement card is issued to you the credit on your lost card will be transferred to your new card. Please note Metroinfo cannot organise a new card for you.
- Where can I use my Cando card?
- On any Metro bus or ferry within the Greater Christchurch area, for discounts at Silvermoon, Les Mills, Timezone Games, Subway, Garden City Bowl, Willowbank, Hallenstein Brothers, Kamikaze Paintball and tracktion.
- How do I load money on my Cando card?
- To first activate the card, a minimum of $10 must be loaded onto it.
- on a bus (cash only - give the card and cash to the driver to top your card up)
- at Central station (46 – 50 Lichfield St)
- at a Metro Agent (see metroinfo.co.nz for more info)
- What if my school is not participating?
- After you have topped up your card for the first time you can then complete top ups online via metroinfo.co.nz using a credit card. Reloads are restricted to a minimum of $10. Eftpos is available at the Central station, Metro office and service centres only.
- Who is eligible?
- Students who are currently involved in high school study within the Canterbury region and are under the age of 18 years of age.